Low-Emission Development Strategies Global Partnership (LEDS GP) annual event – Innovation in LEDS
The fourth, global annual event will be held on October 14-16, 2015 at the Melia Caribe Tropical Hotel in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
The event will bring together leading officials and practitioners from countries and international institutions in a highly interactive and member-led format, to share lessons and strengthen cooperation on climate-resilient low emission development around the world.
Participants, with expertise and playing leading roles in financing and assessment and communications of benefits are encouraged to bring their own stories and experiences, and also their questions, to share and explore with each other. Participants will be asked to prepare information on activities and opportunities for collaboration for their government or institution in advance. They will leave the event with new insights and strengthened knowledge of implementing LEDS action on the ground, learning from innovative and successful country examples, improved knowledge and understanding of LEDS finance and benefits communication and analytical approaches, and strengthened partnerships and peer learning communities to support their efforts. For more information or to register your interest to attend, please contact Jebi Rahman.
The agenda will focus on two key areas based on demand from members: financing LEDS and assessment and communications of benefits.
Topics of focus for in-depth training sessions will include:
- Financial instruments and innovative risk mitigation instruments
- Investment planning for low emission development
- How to mobilize private sector investment into low emission infrastructure
- Innovative solutions to climate finance: blended finance for private sector projects
Assessment and Communications of Benefits
- Methods and tools for benefit analysis and hands on economic impact training
- The why and how of stakeholder engagement in knowledge creation: the MAPS experience
- Methods and tools for assessing poverty reduction benefits
- Assessing and communicating benefits of INDCs
In addition, we will run focused peer learning sessions on Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU), Energy, Transportation, Subnational Integration (SNI) of LEDS and short-lived climate pollutants; and an innovation lab, which will give participants an opportunity to develop innovative solutions to common LEDS challenges.
Visit these links for more information about:
For resources from the sessions of the Annual Event, including presentations from speakers and training session, please see here.
Image: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, credit David Kirsch.